You are reading the old blog! This post has been moved to http://www.ohadsoft.com/2012/09/winrabcdasm-flash-abc-actionscript-bytecode-disassembly-and-reassembly-made-easy/
RABCDAsm is an excellent collection of utilities for assembling and disassembling actionscript 3 flash (SWF) files. Since using it requires a bit of work in the command line, and I’m very lazy, I’ve created a GUI front-end for it: WinRABCDasm. Once you enter your RABCDasm path in the settings window, the workflow is very easy:
- Drag the SWF file to WinRABCDasm to disassemble it.
- Navigate the disassembly tree and find the file you wish to modify.
- Double click to open it in your favorite editor, and make your changes (for syntax highlighting use asasm.hrc in Eclipse)
- Repeat steps 2-3 for all the files you wish to modify.
- Hit Reassemble (alt+R) to rebuild the SWF file. Backup your original SWF file before this step as it will overwrite it!